This Easter sees the launch of a walking challenge and prize draw to promote the fantastic network of walking routes around Newcastle Great Park. There’s a colourful and informative walking map highlighting the wildlife along the way, plus four new interpretation boards on the Great Park to show you what’s near you at a glance!
The challenge starts on Monday 11th April and finishes on Sunday 1st May.
Sue Wannop from Newcastle City Council and Alex Reynolds, the new Wildlife Engagement Officer, will be at the Newcastle Great Park Community Centre’s Easter event on 16th April with walking challenge forms and maps. There will also be a guided nature walk, led by Alex.
How to take part:
- Pick up a map and a walking challenge step count form any time from the Great Park Community Centre or download the map here and the form here.
- Record your steps with a fit-bit watch, smartphone step counter or a pedometer. Alternatively, keep a note of the route you take and measure the distance on the map.
- Fill in your steps on the walking challenge step count form.
- Return the step count form to the Newcastle Great Park Community Centre or email a copy to email@example.com
- If you would like to attend the guided nature walk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be entered into a prize draw – please give your contact details in case you win!
This challenge is open to all ages and abilities, and there is a ‘What can you spot’ challenge for children. You can also pick up a copy of the children’s activity at the Newcastle Great Park Community Centre or download it here.