From March 26th 2023, there will be a number of changes to the bus services to and through NGP.
Q3 (Go North East) – click here for the new timetable
Timetable and route will be amended to better reflect recent passenger demand and to improve overall service reliability:
– Services will now operate every 20 minutes during off-peak hours
– After 7:30 PM, services will operate hourly
– During weekday peaks, additional journeys – including some operated with double-deck vehicles – will provide extra capacity at busier times (e.g. during the school run)
– A simplified route will operate through NGP, journeys in both directions will run via Roseden Way, Great Park Community Centre, Wagonway Drive, Sage, Park & Ride, Sir Bobby Robson Way to terminate/start at Esh Plaza
– This means the bus stops situated on Roseden Way in-between Brunton Lane junction and Great Parkway roundabout will no longer be served
– In Newcastle city centre, the route has also been simplified so services in both directions operate between the Civic Centre and Theatre Royal via John Dobson Street and Market Street East only. This means Q3 services from NGP will no longer serve St Mary’s Place, Percy Street, Newgate Street or Grainger Street
X46 (Gateshead Central Taxis) – click here for the new timetable
Slight timetable revisions, still maintaining the hourly links to Melbury/Featherstone Grove on Monday-Saturday. A change of operator, Gateshead Central Taxis replacing Stanley Travel.
Stagecoach services – both the 35 (Red House Farm, for the southern end of Melbury) and X47 (Kingston Park Road, for Greenside) are both unchanged.